Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Jason "Towlie" Calef


I was looking through my files the other day and I found something amazing. I was tying to buy a HK Army jersey last year, however the deal didn't work out and I didn't get the jersey. The seller sent me a pictures of the jersey which I kept. It turns out the guy I was talking to was Jason Calef who I'm sure most of you would have heard, passed away shortly after NPPL San Diego last November.


Jason's friends have made a patch to remember him.
It is for sale on PBNation and all proceeds go to Jason's family. Nick Slowiak of Aftershock was seen 3 weeks ago on PSP Webcast wearing the patch on screen.

"Jason Stypula from Shock Kidz and Jim Piorkowski wanted to create something to wear on the field so Jason was always with us. With the help of Jason, several pro players including Nick Slowiak of Aftershock and Damian Ryan of RNT Allstarz/HK Army, we created a limited number of Jason "Towlie" Calef remembrance patches".
– Jim Piorkowski, PnTBm2k

The "Towlie" patch is 2 by 4 inches so it is small enough to be worn on a goggle strap which is where it is meant to be worn. It has a white background with a black stitched line through the word "Towlie".


Only 150 patches were made
Price: $10 flat (includes shipping and paypal costs)
Methods of payment: Paypal to jmpiorkowski@eiu.edu

No comments: