Thursday, July 9, 2009

SEBURO EXCLUSIVE- NICKY T INTERVIEW


I scored an interview with arguably the most famous face and voice in paintball. Seen all over the world on NPPL Live- Mr Nicky T.

Ever since the NPPL went bust and the USPL replaced it, we have watched other presenters try to fill in Nick Truter's giant shoes but there is only one Nicky T. I miss watching him in the wee hours of the morning over here in Singapore time and sending shout outs and getting excited to hear him read out our team names over the web cast.

I decided to catch up with Nicky and find out where and what he has been up to. He tells us about the coming of his son which will take up his time but he is still working for Planet Eclipse in the UK.

I hope you enjoy this interview- I am truly honored Nicky took the time to reply my questions.


How have you been Nick?
Great thanks Arthur, now that the NPPL Web Cast has come to an end I’ve got a little bit more time on my hands and am enjoying life to the fullest .

The big question everyone wants to know is: What has Nick Truter been up to? Ever since they canceled NPPL Live we haven't seen much of the voice of NPPL Live. Where are you living now?
I’m living in Manchester, England, just like I have for the past 6 ½ years. Life is still super busy; travelling the world with Eclipse and getting ready for the arrival of my Son at the end of August is keeping me fully occupied.

Are there any plans to get back in to the broadcast booth anywhere? In the USA or in Europe?
A lot of organizers have approached me trying to get me to come on board and help out with the commentary at events worldwide. I’d love to get back into the broadcasting booth at some major events in the future but for now family life is taking priority and rightfully so.

Any word from the USPL's web cast producers to work on their show?
Yes and no. Yes they would like me to do it in the future when they have the resources to be able to finance me coming over to attend the events.

The live web cast has revolutionised the way the sport is promoted and seen around the world. It is simple and instant and in most cases free. You have been a major part of this revolution. What are your thoughts on this? I mean like what is on your mind when you wake up in the morning during an NPPL event knowing that millions of fans will be watching and listening to you.
Doing the NPPL web cast was SOOOOOOOO much fun and I was incredibly lucky to work with a truly outstanding behind the scenes crew, working alongside the likes of Jayne Romyn, Amy McMahon, Dan Swiney, Speedy, Jesse Stolow and Steve. Opportunities like that only come around once in a lifetime so I’m very grateful that Eclipse allowed me to make the most of the opportunity whilst it was there.

What else do you think can be done to push the envelope further?
The great thing about our sport is that there is always the potential to take things to the next level and with paintball web casting everything is possible.; action replays, over head cameras, ref cameras etc the list is virtually endless!

What is the most fun thing being on NPPL Live? Watching the games, hanging out with the pros or goofing around a major tournament. I'd say all of the above- what are your favorites?
Some of the “highlights” that I can remember include Tyler Humphries getting a sneaky on-air kiss in an interview, Dancing Dominic, our Buffalo Moustache-off and Owen getting into the cars at the Spyder Cup finale J

You still have an email address with Planet Eclipse- obviously you're still working with them. What is your job description over at P.E.?
Planet Eclipse for life. I’m their Worldwide Customer Service and Technical Support Manager so if you want to get the best out of any Eclipse product or you’re a dealer who’d like to service Eclipse products then I’m the guy to know.

Lastly - the World Cup Asia will be in Kuala Lumpur in 19-22 November- any chance of getting Planet Eclipse to send you out here? I am sure the guys up in Penang would be glad to take you around - you were born there or grew up there?
Would you believe it that I used to live in Hong Kong when I was only 2 years old and actually went to nursery school in Penang! Realistically I think that the baby will stop me from attending any more overseas events this year but I’m planning on coming out to Asia next year for sure – I hope I’ll get a chance to meet you all there!

Thank you Nick- all the best to you and the birth of your son.

No comments: