Monday, July 20, 2009

"WHAT SPORT?"

I had a blast- I really enjoyed myself - I played a bit of paintball - got tons of new gear - got a new gun - new loader - made new friends - got to hang out with paintballers - crewed a lot - crewed for awesome teams and figured out how they play xball. Picked up a few new jerseys Blast/Infernal/Germany - watched a lot of great games - learn a lot from watching and crewing.
Can't wait to bring it all back and play in the last leg of the MPOC and the World Cup Asia.

The whole trip was about the World Games experience. I don't think I would ever get a close to experience what it would be like to be in an event like the Oylmpics so the World Games was an opportunity I couldn't pass on.

The coolest part was on Sat night when we were walking around the night market - every foreigner we bumped into - we asked "what sport?" and they would tell you things like jujitsu, karate, speed skating or archery. And they would ask us what sport we played. It was so cool to have something in common with people being there.

The other nice part of the weekend - which the Australian captain mentioned in his speech was seeing people from different countries crewing for each other.

No comments: