Wednesday, January 7, 2009

NEW YEARS RESOLUTION

WRITTEN ON THE 29th DEC

This my new years resolution

I have always said that I don't see myself playing in Division 2 and now for sure I will not be playing in any division in the MPOC come 2010. I think the MPOC and the MY NPL is good for the sport in Malaysia but I think my paintball has evolved into something else.

I just don't find playing in the MPOC fun anymore. Its the same old thing we face and same old mud we play in. I spoke about this with a couple of team mates and ex team mates and we all agreed that it is not as fun as it used to be. Personally I don't feel the need to measure up with other teams 5 times a year. Before you get me all wrong and slam me for being arrogant – I think there are many teams that are better than us and they deserve all their success and credit. I just don't feel the need to compete in the MPOC anymore.

I mean no disrespect to anyone who plays in the MPOC and I don't wish to belittle them and the MPOC. I'm just saying that my direction and my priorities has changed. I feel my money is better spent in other aspects of the sport. I would like to travel more and play in other places and with other teams and experience new things. I don't want to be stuck playing and training in the same muddy field again in 2010.

In 2008 I had the best time ever in paintball and they all happened away from the MPOC. The NPPL Asian Invitational in Desaru and the Asian Paintball Invitational in Taiwan were great events for me and my team mates and friends.

The NPPL Asian Invitational was a pro paintball fan's festival - we all got to meet and hang out with all our heroes and made friends with them. How many Captains can say that they had lined up in a row of honor with all the other captains that included the likes Lb Fow of Infamous, Niel Eberly of the Bushwackers, Alex Fraige of Dynasty? Even the small matter of having breakfast sitting across the table from Rusty Glaze was mind blowing. So yeah The Flora Fest invitational was a blast and it'll be something that we will remember for a long time.

There was great sense of pride playing in Taiwan because we were all there to represent paintball and show that it was good enough sport to be included in the World Games. The bonus of the trip was meeting and playing with Taiwanese friends and against Taiwanese teams - that opened my eyes to what sportsmanship and respect was truly like. The friendship we came away with from Taiwan is something we treasure dearly.

Paintball to me is about meeting new people and learning their culture, their language, making friends and sharing what we love about the sport is what its all about to me.

I want to travel more and play elsewhere – in other states – in other tournaments and in other countries. I want to support paintball in my home state and play back home in Sarawak. I want to travel to Japan and play paintball in a totally new environment. There might be opportunity for me to travel to a PSP event in Chicago. That would be great if I could go to all these places and share my experiences with everyone.

So rather than wait till the end of the year and then announce this – I would like to clearly state now that I am not quitting the team nor will I ever play for another team however just that 2009 will be the last year that I will play in the MPOC.