Sunday, April 12, 2009

Weekend Ballin'

I have had the pleasure of playing paintball every weekend for the last 4 weekends including 2 weeks ago at MY-NPL. Personally I really enjoy the casual weekend games we have at Red Dynasty more than playing in a tournament. I guess having to travel 600km to and from KL and getting up at 5-6am to play games at 8am are taking its toll.

I really don't mind not playing next weekend's tournament. I would prefer to be able to get up whenever I want - have breakfast and come in and play.

I am very much looking forward to playing in SPNS in May because (it wont be a 8am start) it would be a new venue and there would be more public viewing the games. The next leg of SPNS will be at Pasir Ris which is away from the field and in more of the public eye. I think the new venue makes it so much more exciting and interesting to play in.*

Having to play the same series 5 times at the same venue just sucks. The scheduling remains a lot to be desired as we have already crammed 3 legs into the first 4 months of the year. We would have played 3 legs even before the Europeans start their season.

If you look at it from a players point of view- the beginning of the year is when it rains the most. So we would be playing in the same muck and mud which we cut up only 4-6 weeks before. And we'd be doing the same thing and smelling the same mud pretty much soon. We have 12 months in a year and the organisers crammed 3 legs into the first 4 months of the year.

I am not surprised many players I know have lost interest in tournament paintball - including me.

[ *Let the whining begin.]

1 comment:

BC said...

It's all about burnout...